Table of Contents
The Ancient Secrets of Pizza
A hands-on Neapolitan Pizza Class
Our class strictly follows the “Neapolitan disciplinare,” also known as AVPN or VPN (Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana), to ensure that every participant can master the skills needed to create a perfect pizza.
During this hands-on Neapolitan pizza class, you will learn how to:
- Prepare the dough by hand
- Learn the 3 keystone steps of making and shaping pizza dough: Puntata, Staglio and Appretto
- Stretch the pizza using the “Schiaffo Napoletano” (Neapolitan Slap) technique
- Select and use the right ingredients for Neapolitan pizza
- Bake the pizza in an electric oven that is VPN-approved and reaches a temperature of 400°C (752°F)
- Recreate the experience at home using a variety of special tips for your oven.
At the end of the class, you will take home your dough, all the recipes, and enough ingredients to recreate the experience in your own kitchen. But the knowledge you gain will last a lifetime!
By the end of this class, you will have the ability to:
- Master the ancient techniques for making soft and moist Neapolitan pizza dough and how to stretch it like a pro
- Understand the importance of choosing the right ingredients, such as tomato sauce, Fior di Latte, seasoning, EVO oil, and the right kind of flour to use based on your goals.
- Comprehend the different methods for baking pizza, and the crucial importance of the cooking temperature and how it affects the final product. You will also learn that you can still make a great pizza even without using the peculiarity of the Neapolitan one.
Join us for an upcoming pizza class,
and unlock the secrets of Neapolitan pizza-making!
11 July 2023 (Port Coquitlam location) – Book your class today